Nigerian Meat Roll Peppered Stew ( Eat with White Fluffy Rice)
by Inebi Atafo Eweka
Nigerian Cooking should be innovative. We can cook the same dishes but present them differently. This is a normal Beef stew dish but I have added a contemporary twist in preparing the meat, which can be enjoyed by all your friends from different continents & cultures.
1. Have your butcher cut meat into slices (like bread slices)
2. Make sure you wash meat and all ingredients.
3. For filling I have used peppers, Onions, garlic, curry leaves, Maggi, curry, thyme, salt, black pepper. You can use whatever you like depending on spices you like for your stew.
4. Heap some in to a meat slice and then roll.
5. Use edible string and tie road each roll.
6. Place in an oven and grill. (Keep all the stock in a separate plate.
7. Then make your stew as you would normally do - Oil, Onions, garlic, tomatoes etc.
8. When fried properly add the rolled meat and the stock you kept in a separate bowl.
9. Serve with hot white fluffy rice.
This is really a delicious recipe and you can invite your friends from other ethnic origins to eat especially if you live in London like I do.