Sadza or Mealie Meal
by Peggy - Thanks Peggy!
Sadza is a very popular meal in Zimbabwe down to South Africa. It is also known as maize meal, but better known as mealie meal. It is mainly made from maize (corn) and eaten as a staple all over central and southern Africa.
Why not try this sadza recipe and join to enjoy this authentic African food.
You can prepare this recipe by getting maize flour from any African shop.
How To Prepare Sadza
- Mix mealie meal and water to a smooth paste.
- boil water.
- add boiled water to the paste.
- stir until it boils,reduce heat.
- simmer on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- add mealie meal a serving spoonfull at a time.
- stir continually untill sadza thickens to your liking.
- switch off stove leaving the pot on the hotplate to steam for 5-7mins.
... and your sadza is ready for eating.
Serve with your favorite beef or chicken stew,or vegatables. Delicious and nutritious.
Enjoy this tasty Zimbabwean dish,also known as pap in South Africa.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Recipes .