African Foods & Cuisines
Your Guide To The African Stomach
Wondering what the traditional African menu looks like? What
do Africans eat?
African and Afrocaribbean foods are unrefined natural products often grown at subsistence
level across that continent. From the estuaries of the Zambezi basin to
the plains of Ashante, far afield to castles in Casablanca, Calabar,
Lagos, Lome to the legendary port of Alexandria, African cuisines are
prepared from ingredients made from cassava, millet, sorghum, cocoyam,
rice, beans, matoke, plantain, palm oil, yam, fish, poultry, bush meat,
beef, and an array of fruits and vegetables. And more. And more.
They are often food items rich in dietary fibers and low in refined
sugars and additives, providing a balanced highly nutritional diet when
properly prepared and eaten.
Most fruits like mangoes, bananas,
oranges, pawpaw, pineapples, coconuts and a host of other "tropical
fruits" known in the Western world comes from Africa or The Caribbeans.
They are every day fruits found growing in most premises in African
towns and cities and make part of the African dessert.
Facts about African foods understandably, will be better related by Africans themselves.
That not much is known about foods from Africa stems from the fact that
people from that extraction are yet to take the message of African dishes and foods
outside their continent, and sell it as vigorously as the Asians have
done to their food, that in many parts of the Western world, Indian
foods and Indian Restaurants, Chinese foods and Chinese Restaurants and
even Thai foods and Thai Restaurants are so well known that they eclipse
traditional Western cuisines in certain districts.
That is about to change. In many parts of London, Paris, New York and
indeed many big western cities, you are now sure to find African food
stores and restaurants, offering delicious African cuisines that are as
tantalizing and nutritious as food from anywhere in the world.
Africans, through their foods, as is their unique culture and values,
bring exciting diversity and beauty to the human race and experience and
offers opportunity to all others to explore such cuisines and find an
exquisite delight in the taste of Africa.
Africans, wherever they are, take pride in cooking and eating
carefully prepared meals, devoid of modern day refinement and
contamination. They seek natural produce, fresh from the farms near
their homes where possible, prepare them into variety of finish products
and serve these to the family or household, all enjoying their meal
round the table or by the fire side.
times are sacrosanct. Stories are told, though children are often
advised not to speak much to prevent choking. Morals are taught.
Community and societal values are reinforced. It is that time of the day
that every member of the family looks forward to.
Recipes & Where To Buy African Foods
Get first hand information here on vital facts about African cuisines as
well as information on their health and nutritional values where
available. We also aim to help you on a wide range of issues, including:
- Detailed and emphatic answer to one rather puzzling question many people ask: "what do Africans eat?".
You will also be able to explore the range of foods eaten in many
African countries, including African food recipes, typical breakfast, lunch and
dinners, party and special event dishes and more
- Bring you access to where to buy African foods online and get them delivered to your door
answers on specific queries regarding foods eaten in Africa or how to
get them and get real answers from real individuals who are experts in
this field. Feel free to contact us regarding your query on any matter
on African cuisines and foodstuffs
- Be able to buy and sell African related items and reach African audience World over
- Find African Restaurant and Food Store close to your home
- And of course contribute your African stories here and get them published!
Where ever you are, join hands and let's make African cuisines and foods more accessible to the enjoyment of all.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter & Get Recipes And More To Your Inbox
Want regular update on foods from Africa, health information regarding these foods and recipes, and better still about offers, sales and
bonanzas, then subscribe to our free online magazine (ezine).
the form to your right. We will not give your information to
anyone else. We will only use your email address to send you your ezine.
We have a zero tolerance to spam and uphold a very strict privacy
More On African Foods
- African Food Shop: The Home of African Foods in the UK
- Welcome to the African Food Shop. We stock a wide range of authentic African food items for your culinary delight. Shop online and get all your orders delivered to your door at the click of ...
- African Food
- See why African food is a healthy option and why Africans do not suffer from many of the illnesses known in the west. Traditional African food is organically grown, devoid of chemicals...
- Advertising With Africanfoods.co.uk | Increase Your Reach Worldwide
- Advertsing with Africanfoods.co.uk to thousands worldwide and reach customers you would never dream of!
- African Food Suppliers | Get African Food Supplied Directly By Producers
- Get African food suppliers from all over the world supply your AFrican food need. You can post items required and get responses from suppliers from Africa or any other part of the world. Authentic...
- African Message Board | Post Your Concerns Here
- You can post your concerns or queries on the African Message Board here and get response. Looking for a paricular food item, recipes or plant? Or just a thought you want to share?
- African Foodstuff
- African foodstuff we stuck
- African Food Recipes
- African food recipes for your enjoyment. We bring you African recipes from all over the continent and beyond...
- African Restaurants | Top African Food Restaurants Directory
- Find African Restaurants near you. We bring you a list of top African food restuarants not only in the UK, but in many countries as possible. You can upload an African food restaurant near you and ...
- African American food
- African American food
- Nigerian Food | List of 5 Top Foods Eaten in Nigeria and How to Make Them
- Nigerian food recipes are derived from a number of grains, rhyzomes, bulbs, fruit seeds, vegetables, and an avalanche of fruits. See top Nigerian foods here and how to prepare them.
- Ghanaian Foods | Top Ghanaian Food Recipes & How To Prepare Them
- Ghanaian foods are prepared from grains, tubers, roots, and vegetables, eaten with traditional African stews made from vegetables and fish or meat. Ghanaian foods are very rich nutritionally, and...
- Congo Food | Congolese Foods And Recipes And Where To Buy Them Online
- Congo food and food recipes are centered around staples like cassava (manioc or ntoba), millett (luku), rice, beans (madezo) vegetables, fish and meat. We bring you top Congolese food recipes straight
- Healthy Eating Tips
- Healthy Eating Tips
- Weight Watching Tips | Time Tested Tips To Lose Weight
- Weight Watching Tips to keep you in form while enjoying your African food
- African Palour : The African Food Blog
- Discussion forum for africanfoods.co.uk
- Delivery Charges
- delivery charges
- Consumer Rights and Consumer Protection Laws
- Consumer Rights and Consumer Protection Laws
- Cancellation Policy
- cancellation policy
- Bethelgroups Limited
- African foods.co.uk is a subsidary of Bethelgroups Limited
- The African Food Weekly E-zine - Why You Should Subscribe
- We have regular offers and bonanzas to our registered customers. Subscribe to your African Foods Weekly e-zine today and ...
- Link Partners - Africanfoods Partners ... Making Life Easier
- See our link partners we have brought your way for all things African foods.
- Contact Us
- contact us ... africanfoods.co.uk a subsidary of Bethelgroups Limited
- Buy Bournvita Here
- Looking for where to buy bournvita? See stock it. Buy bournvita from your African food shop here.
- Garden Egg
- Garden egg is a popularly used in preparing meals in African, especially in Ghana, Nigeria and some other West African Countries. We stock Ghana garden eggs in brine and you can get these here.
- Ogbono is the seed of a wild (bush) mango used in Nigeria, Ghana and some other West African countirs as a soup thickners, used in preparing the popular ogbono soup.
- Buy Ogbono Here
- You can now buy ogbono online here and get it delivered to your door.
- Buy Okra
- Buy okra online. Okra or okro is a ...
- Buy Fish... Smoked fish for a delicious African cuisine
- Buy fish here online...smoked cat fish or mystus.
- AFANG SOUP
- Afang soup is a delicacy of the Ibibios and the Efiks in Akwa Ibom and Cross River State of Nigeria.
- Buy Plantain Online
- Buy plantain, is a close relative of banana, and a key African food.
- Jollof rice
- Jollof rice is easily the most popular rice dish eaten all over West Africa. This mouth watering rice dish can be prepared by following these easy steps. See our jollof rice recipe.
- Cookware Shop Online at Africanfoods.co.uk
- Africanfoods Cookware shop makes shoping for cookware easy as never before. Get your cooking pots, dinner ware, plates, cutlery and more here now.
- Edikaikong Soup | The Creme' De La' Creme African Vegetable Soup
- Edikaikong Soup is easily the richest of African vegetable soup. It is a soup eaten mainly by the Ibibos and Calabaris of South East Nigeria, but now eaten all over Nigeria and the Cameron. Edikiakong
- African Desserts | Simple Sweet and Refreshing African Desserts Recipes
- African desserts are made an assortment of fresh fruits, puddings and home made yogourts. We bring you top African dessert recipes ...
- Buy Custard Powder Online Here
- You can buy custard powder by Bird.
- Bournvita malted drink is a very rich nutritious drink by Cadbury that makes a fantastic bedtime drink. It can also be taken at breakfast. Buy this Bournvita in the UK online here at your African ...
- Buy Farina
- Buy farina here and get it delivered to your door.
- Buy Fufu Flour
- Buy fufu flour here
- Buy Indomie Online
- Buy indomie instant noodle online and indulge yourself to a delicious fast but healthy meal.